Through our network, we have delivered over 500 babies through surrogacy over the past 5 years.
Meet our team:
We work with a team of world-class professionals
What we do:
Easy & affordable surrogacy
and IVF options
© 2012 VientreEnAlquiler S.L.
All content on this website are protected. VientreEnAlquiler is a trademark.
Ask us for more information
What is Sensible Surrogacy and what do you do?
Sensible Surrogacy is an ethical IVF/surrogacy agency offering surrogacy and IVF procedures in Mumbai, India, and with direct representation and client management within Europe. Our mission is to help couples create loving families.
We have entered into collaboration with the leading IVF clinics in India to arrange for IVF and surrogacy services to Future Parents (FPs). Our India based teams of experts are world-class professionals with credentials from excellent European medical and educational institutions.
Why work with Sensible Surrogacy?
We follow ethical surrogacy principles and offer a one stop solution to all your fertility solutions (surrogacy, ovum donation, fertility treatments, plus legal/immigration issues). All of us at Sensible Surrogacy parents of surrogacy, and understand the challenges and opportunities that surrogacy in India offers.
We are the most cost effective agency, with more affordable solutions than any other agency in India. our price is based on the high volume of cases that we handle, allowing us to manage partner costs and reduce overhead without compromising on quality and service.
Why should I trust Sensible Surrogacy?
You will not find a more qualified and experienced team to assist your surrogacy plans. We’ve started over 500 new families through surrogacy.
Our partner IVF clinic and medical team have been performing ART and IVF procedures for more than 20 years. Our IVF clinic pioneered assisted reproduction and surrogacy -- both in India and worldwide. Our legal team specializes in surrogacy immigration cases, and has a 100% success rate. We have never failed to get a new family back home, safe and sound and legally.
What is the Surrogacy process?
Working with Sensible Surrogacy is quite straightforward. Step-by-step, this is what happens:
- Future Parents make an initial contact with our European representative, complete the Fertility Questionnaire, and arrange a consultation with our IVF medical team in Mumbai.*
- Parents now select an Egg Donor from our list of available Indian donors, or Caucasian donors from an external agency of their choice. The donor begins fertility treatments and is given a final review by our IVF clinic.
- Once the donor is approved, the Future Parents come to Mumbai to sign the surrogate/donor contracts and leave their sperm donation (or to donate eggs if the Future Mother intends to use her own eggs for the surrogacy procedure).
- Once the surrogate contracts are signed, the surrogate undergoes fertility treatments in advance of the implantation.
- Our IVF clinic fertilizes the eggs and impregnates the surrogate. If the Future Mother is donating eggs, this generally happens immediately after her donation. Otherwise this occurs after the Future Parents have returned home.
- Once the pregnancy is confirmed, the surrogate is moved into dedicated housing, and placed under the care of our dedicated caregiver and medical staff.
- If the surrogate does not become pregnant, we repeat the IVF procedure until we get a positive result.
- We handle all prenatal care, medical checkups, and required tests. Future Parents will receive regular email updates on the surrogate’s status and the health of the fetus. Generally they receive sonogram images and videos, as well as test results.
- This is a good time for the Future Parents to notify their local consulate in Mumbai, and begin preparing the documentation for the child’s passport.
- When the surrogate is ready to deliver we will notify the Future Parents, so they can return to Mumbai for the birth.
- Once the child is born, our legal team assists in the application for passports. This process is slightly different for each country. In the US and UK, DNA tests may be required.
- Once the child has his/her passport, we arrange the documentation needed for the child’s Exit Visa. This also requires a variety of documents from the hospital, clinic and others involved in the process.
- With the Exit Visa in hand, the parents can return home immediately.
- Once home, parents typically begin the process of registering the child with their local authorities, and begin adoption proceedings to place the name of the non-genetic parent on the birth certificate.
* We generally advise Future Parents to consult with a legal expert early in the decision-making process. We offer an excellent, independent legal resource with years of experience in FIV and Immigration law. As part of our service, we will reimburse the cost of an initial legal consultation for Future Parents who continue the process with Sensible Surrogacy.
How long does it take? What is the timeline?
Assume one full year for the entire process from initial inquiry to arriving home with your new family. The process could take more or less time depending on the particular circumstances of each case.
Below is a typical timeline:
Total time required: 52 to 56 weeks (approximate)
- Complete the Fertility Questionnaire, plus FIV consultation: 1 week
- Select the Egg Donor, fertility treatments, and final review by our IVF clinic: 4 weeks for fertility treatments
- Future Parents initial visit to Mumbai to donate sperm and/or eggs, and sign contracts: 4 days for sperm donation / 15 days for ovum donation
- Fertility treatments for the surrogate: 4 weeks
- IVF clinic fertilizes the eggs and impregnates the surrogate: 3 days
- Pregnancy is confirmed. The surrogate is placed under the care of our caregiver and medical staff: 14 days (max) to confirm pregnancy
- Prenatal care, medical checkups, and required tests: 38 weeks
- When the surrogate is ready to deliver we notify the parents: Immediate
- Future Parents second visit to Mumbai. Legal team assists in the application for passports: 2 to 4 weeks
- Arrange for the child’s Exit Visa: 3 days
- Parents return home: 2 days
What tasks does Sensible Surrogacy organize, and what tasks do the Future Parents organize?
Future Parents will select the Egg Donor either from our catalog of local donors or from a reliable agency of their choice. We do the rest: including arranging the surrogate and donor contracts, financial agreements and payments, medical and psychological screening, background and police checks, etc.
Medical tests for the future father are best done in your home country. Analysis for the Future Father should include these tests:
• Semen analysis
• CBC, ESR
• Fasting and Post Glucose Blood Sugar
• Bld Group and Rh
• VDRL / HBSAG / HIV / Anti HCV
What is the overall cost involved including all taxes and charges?
Please download the Updated Mumbai Price Sheet for details. However, these are the simplified cost options for surrogacy in India:
- Option 1: Surrogacy procedure including an Indian egg donor. All legal and logistical services included.
- $28,750 USD (€22.000 EUR, £19,500 GBP)
- Option 2: IVF and Surrogacy procedure with a donor provided by a 3rd party.* All legal and logistical services included, except the ovum.
- $27,900 USD (€21,300 EUR, £27,000 GBP)
- Option 3: "Zero Risk". We guarantee that the procedure will result in a successful birth, or we will refund all the parents’ payments to us.
- $41,000 (€31,350 EUR, £27,200 GBP)
* Note that donor agencies typically charge $12,000 to $15,000 for a Caucasian egg donor, although you can save money by using one of our affiliated partner agencies.
We also require a $2000 (€1.500) refundable deposit to cover the cost of unanticipated hospital stays for the child or surrogate.
Not included in these charges are hotel charges, travel expenses, and extraordinary medical care beyond the $2000 deposit (if needed).
These prices are accurate as of the publishing of this document. For the current, final price please contact us at Info@SensibleSurrogacy.com.
What specific services do you provide?
Our goal is to be “Full Service” agency, handling all aspects of both the surrogacy procedure, but also the legal requirements for establishing parentage and bringing the child home, and the logistics of your visits to Mumbai.
Please see the Sensible Surrogacy Services Brochure for a complete description of all our services. In general, we provide:
- All tasks related to the donor & surrogate screening, treatment, implantation, and pregnancy.
- All legal processes from initial consultation in Spain to assisting with Exit Visas for the child.
- Surrogate care, including prenatal care, housing, and support during (and after) the pregnancy.
- All day-to-day logistics for your stay in Mumbai, including hotel and travel arrangements, translator, child care, drivers, etc.
Are Caucasian egg donors available, and do you arrange this process as well?
Yes, we can arrange a Caucasian egg donor for an additional fee. However we suggest you first review the available donors from one of our partner donations services (available on the website). They have excellent candidates of almost any ethnicity. If you do use one of the partner services, you will need to pay them directly.
What is the process for arranging a Caucasian egg, and does this cost very much?
This is very easy process, and the arrangements are coordinated between us and whichever donation agency the Future Parents select. FPs only need to choose a donor from the available candidates. The donor will go through various tests, and if she is viable, she will come to Mumbai to donate her eggs. We will keep you informed throughout the process, but you won’t need any active participation.
External donor agencies typically charge $12,000 to $15,000 for a Caucasian egg. You can save money by using one of our affiliated partner agencies, listed on our website.
When would parents need to come to Asia, and how long would parents need to be there?
Sperm donors can travel to our clinic whenever is convenient and freeze their sperm sample. We then bring in the Egg Donor and carry out her cycles in synch with the local surrogate. Your initial trip will take 5 days: including contract signing, meeting the IVF doctor and our team, and 2 donations of sperm (each donation needs to be at least 3 days apart).
If the future mother intends to donate her own eggs, then she will need to stay in Asia for 3 weeks, for preparatory fertility treatments and then donation.
On the second trip to our clinic (to bring the baby home) you should expect to stay from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the demands of your particular consulate. The US consulate (for example) is quite fast, requiring only a DNA test that can be pre-ordered months before you arrive. Other consulates may require a waiting period between the birth and the processing of a passport application.
How many embryos are implanted at once? The doctor will consult on this issue, but normally 2 viable embryos are implanted. Three is the maximum. Each embryo has a significant chance of producing a pregnancy – so each additional embryo also increases the likelihood of multiple births – twins or triplets.
What is the chance of having twins?
Our rate is 1 in 5 procedures result in twins.
Is there currently a waiting list? Or could we start the process soon?
Once the Egg Donor is selected, there is no wait time.
We have read articles that it might not be possible for gay couples to have access to the surrogacy process in India. Is it correct?
This is correct. The Indian Office of Immigration has recently published new guidelines that make it difficult for same-sex parents to perform surrogacy in India.
Same sex couples are now being directed toward our service in Thailand. For more information, visit our web page on Thailand, or contact us.
What can be done to monitor the well being of the surrogate mother during pregnancy?
We take great efforts to ensure the emotional and physical health of our surrogates. Each woman lives in a dedicated apartment and is looked after by a resident caregiver during their stay. (We take no risks with the health of our surrogates. Their stay with us continues after the birth, until the surrogate is fully recovered and ready to return home.)
Will the surrogate mother be listed as the birth mother on the child's Birth Certificate?
No, the name of the Intended Parent goes on the birth certificate, accompanied with a letter from the hospital explaining that the birth was a case of surrogacy. Nor will the Egg Donor’s name be on the certificate. According to Indian medical guidelines, the name of the Future Parents is always on the birth certificate (i.e., genetic father and his partner who signs the documents with him).
What are the guarantees that the surrogate will not decide to keep the baby?
This is not an issue in India. Indian law recognizes the validity of the surrogacy contract, and the surrogate has no legal claim on the child.
What is the process for returning home with the baby?
Traveling to your home country will require a passport and exit visa for the child. Australia/UK/US grant automatic citizenship by descent to your child. Generally you will need to show the surrogacy contracts and a DNA test. Other countries require additional documentation to prove paternity and to protect the rights of the birth mother. We have a lot of experience in these cases.
Of course once you get home you may seek additional legal orders to ensure that both Future Parents are listed in the Birth Certificate of the home country, and that they enjoy full parental rights. Our legal team in India will provide you with all necessary paperwork, certificates to take your baby back home with you.
What is the success rate of the procedure?
We have an excellent success rate of about 68% in the case of IVF using fresh embryos (around 45% with frozen embryos).
To ensure our high success rate we select only egg donors younger than 27 years of age who have successfully become pregnant in the past. All surrogates are in the healthy age range of 24-28 and have completed a successful pregnancy.
Do the couple and the surrogate meet and if so, at what stages?
This is not a requirement, and we try to maintain the privacy of the surrogate. But with the surrogate’s permission, a meeting can be arranged either at the beginning or the end of the journey.
Is there a contact or liaison that can be called to discuss the whole procedure?
Yes, we have a team both in Europe and in Asia ready at any time to talk with you.Our Indian team has its office right next to the clinic in Mumbai, and will be the primary contact for medical issues once the surrogate is pregnant.
2013 Price Sheet
Download our detailed price brochure, with no hidden costs