Infertile couples flock to India because surrogacy costs are up to
five times lower than in the West.
What are the surrogacy costs?
Infertile couples from worldwide are flocking to India, many due to the fact that surrogacy costs in India can be up to five times lower than in countries such as the US. The process is also easier, as Indian law protects the rights of both the surrogate and the intended parents.
Below is an example comparison of estimated surrogacy expenses between the United States and India. Note that these surrogacy costs are estimates only. To receive a complete budget for your surrogacy procedure, contact us or download our latest price brochure with full details of all services and fees.
U.S. / INDIA COST COMPARISON
SURROGATE'S COSTS INCLUDE:
- Surrogate’s fee, paid in installments following confirmation of pregnancy.
- Embryo transfer fee, paid to the surrogate after each embryo transfer.
- Life insurance policy for the surrogate
- Invasive procedure compensation, for procedures such as amniocentesis, abortion, D&C, or selective reduction
- C-Section, if the surrogate is required to deliver via cesarean section
- Allowance for mileage, childcare, telephone calls, faxes, postage, prenatal vitamins, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Maternity clothing allowance: payable in full at the end of the first trimester
- Surrogate’s dedicated housing (monthly)
- Fee to the surrogate’s dedicated and on-site caretaker
- Surrogacy social work support for entire pregnancy (if requested)
- Lost wages for the surrogate (if needed)
- Bed rest fee: If the doctor ordered bed rest or additional childcare/housekeeping.
- Travel expenses to fertility clinic
- Passport fees for International intended parents
- Surrogacy escrow account if requested
ESTIMATED SURROGATE’S FEES: United States vs. India
UNITED STATES: $53,600
MEDICAL COSTS INCLUDE:
*Note: About half of implantations will result in a pregnancy. Assuming that additional embryos are left from the first cycle, additional attempts may cost 25% of the initial attempt. If no embryos remain, the full procedure with medical costs may need to be repeated.
- Pre-testing for the surrogate
- Pre-testing for you or egg donor
- Egg retrieval and IVF*
- Pre-natal care of the surrogate, plus medication
- Medical insurance Co-Pays for pregnancy/delivery
- Additional health Insurance for the surrogate (if needed)
- Hospital delivery charges
- Overnight stay in hospital (for parents with child) for 3 days
Medical costs do not include the cost of egg donation, fertility treatments for the mother, frozen embryo/sperm procedures, neonatal care (in the case of a premature birth), and other optional fees.
ESTIMATED MEDICAL COSTS: United States vs. India
United States: $50,300
ESTIMATED LEGAL COSTS: United States vs. India
United States: $16,500
LEGAL COSTS INCLUDE:
*Note: Sensible Surogacy's agency fee includes all legal fees regarding the surrogacy relationship and process, plus the items listed below. Many of these items are charged extra by Western agencies and other agencies in India:
- Intended parents’ attorney
- Contract preparation and review
- Pre-birth order
- Surrogate’s attorney
- Agency Fee*
- Cost of drafting contracts through lawyers, unlimited access to local legal team (Approx Value: $2,000)
- Cost of miscellaneous documentation and legal processing, cost of escrow, transfer of funds cost (Approx value: $500)
- Cost for recruiting & screening the surrogate and/or egg donors, including medical examinations and assessment (Approx value: $700)
- Psychological assessment of the surrogate (Approx value: $400)
- Surrogate’s insurance (Approx value: $600)
- Surrogate's caretaker to attend all important medical appointments with the surrogate on your behalf. (Approx value: $500)
- Briefing parents on the status of the IVF procedure as well as the health of the surrogate on a regular basis. (Approx value: Invaluable!)
- Arranging and negotiating best rates in local hotels, plus reservations and booking for local tourism (Approx value: $250)
TOTAL ESTIMATED SURROGACY COSTS:
UNITED STATES: $120,400
See below for a detailed comparison of where your money goes when hiring a surrogate agency in the United States or India.
© 2012 VientreEnAlquiler S.L.
All content on this website are protected. VientreEnAlquiler is a trademark.
We practice Ethical Surrogacy, making a positive change in the lives of our surrogates.
Ask us for more information
Our success rate of 68% for surrogacy is a world leader
Affordable = Quality
Our IVF clinics are India's leaders in technique & technology
2013 Price Sheet
Download our detailed price brochure, with no hidden costs